Thursday, July 03, 2008

Has it really been 6 Months?

I have no idea why I don't post for long periods of time, like I have here. It's not that I don't have things to talk about - no one has accused me of being short of things to talk about. I certainly am busy, but not too busy to write about what I'm thinking (it doesn't take that long). I just seem to go through these periods where the desire leaves me. Maybe I've been really in to doing other things of late that have sucked away at my desire to write, if not my abilities.

However, I really do enjoy the discussions that come from posting, I like the positive feedback I get from readers, I even enjoy the occasional contrarian positions by the random DA who posts. I welcome the discussion, and I have hoped at times to spur discussions that go on in the Courthouses around California (or more specifically, I like it when I have heard someone mention this blog, which has happened a few times, and I have to feign ignorance).

One of my regular commenters here is Dennis Wilkins, who is a PD in San Bernardino County (a very conservative county, and a difficult one for PDs to work in). I've gotten to know him over the last year a little bit, and have read his stuff on the blog for years, and I really like his stuff. I'm not saying I'm going to agree with everything he says at any time, but I think in general he would be a good contributor to this blog.

He offered to guest post on here, and I figured "what the hell, nothing else has been going on here, and I like his stuff," so I said yes.

Dennis will begin posting soon. He has a great view on 3 Strikes (you won't be surprised about his position and conclusions when you read it), with some interesting anecdotes, and some different perspectives. I believe that there will be an initiative on the November ballot relating to softening three strikes a little bit, so his article will be quite relevant.

Anyways, keep writing, keep commenting, and hopefully I'll keep this more active in the future. If you want to slip me any gossip from your Courthouses (in California only, preferably Southern Cal), I'm happy to listen to it. Maybe it will even make it into the blog if it's explosive enough.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for coming back (sort of)!

You have really inspired me to become a PD someday, so I hope you keep up the good work.